About This Course:
One of the most important ways senior management evaluates a given program is through well-chosen metrics and data. Senior managers need to know exactly what those data and metrics are telling them to ensure things are on track and to determine what changes need to be made to improve results.
Since the “bottom-line” drives most activity and decisions, one of the key financial measurements for an organization is Return on Investment (ROI). Major decisions within a company are made based on the results a given investment will return, and if ROI is addressed correctly, it can be of immense value for identifying and justifying safety related investments. The key is proving to senior management that your safety program will have a positive ROI, and that it deserves the funding it needs to be successful. And in order to prove that ROI, you need to understand which metrics to track and how to build your case for safety funding.
Join us when Deidre Tate, will explain how to understand and best apply ROI for your safety program, how to determine the most useful tools for tracking progress, and learning how to communicate data and metrics in an effective manner that will gain buy-in from upper management.
· What ROI is and how it is used throughout an organization for making investment decisions
· How to perform an ROI assessment for a safety project and the considerations to account for (best estimates, projections, uncertainty of variables, etc.)
· The key components that would be used for performing ROI for a typical safety project
· How to develop “defensible” data based on best assumptions for applying ROI to a safety project especially for cost avoidance and human capital variables
· Communicating the findings of safety ROI assessment to senior management in an effective way
· Safety metrics and data that have proven useful in tracking program and project performance
Physical CD-DVD of recorded session will be despatched after 72 hrs on completion of payment
Recorded video session
Ms. Tate is a Project Director at Pinnacle Enterprise Group and has brought over two decades of experience in the design and execution of environmental, health, safety and regulatory compliance programs to Pinnacle. Prior to joining Pinnacle she enjoyed leadership roles at the corporate, divisional and facility levels. Specifically, Deidre has transformed underperforming safety cultures and environmental compliance programs for multinational companies within Automotive, Chemical, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Deidre is an experienced Process Safety Specialist and has conducted over 100 audits domestically and internationally as a lead auditor. She has also successfully implemented PSM/RMP, Responsible Care, VPP and CFATS at multiple facilities. Deidre served three consecutive appointments by the Dept. of Homeland Security to the U.S. Coast Guard Chemical Transportation Committee and two terms on the Board of Environmental Studies at Elon University. As part of the Pinnacle team, Deidre applies her EHS subject matter expertise to compliance auditing, program development and helping clients achieve ISO 14001, RC 14001 and VPP certifications. Deidre holds a B.S. from Michigan State University and has completed post graduate studies in the College of Chemical Engineering at Wayne State University.