President Trump has signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) into law.
The FFCRA builds on an $8.3 billion emergency coronavirus spending package enacted into law on March 6 and deals with the immediate public health crisis the COVID-19 pandemic is causing, including many provisions that will have a direct impact on employers nationwide. These provisions deal with family and medical leave and emergency paid sick leave (as well as unemployment benefits).
Couple this with the fact that so many states and cities now enacting paid sick leave laws, multistate employers may be left scrambling to understand how newly passed legislation affects their organizations and intersects with other types of leave.
What you’ll learn:
· Identify the practical impact the proposed federal emergency legislation-the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)-could have on paid leave obligations
· Determine employees' eligibility for protected leave and how much leave they could be entitled to Handle the administration of accrued personal or sick leave during the first 14 days if the FFRCA goes into effect
· Navigate medical documentation and employee privacy issues without violating federal law
· Determine when your mandatory compliance obligations kick in and how long they'll be in effect
· Interpret the practical implication of new paid sick and safe time leave laws at the state and local level
· Recognize how paid sick and family leave laws generally interact with existing leave laws, such as the FMLA and ADA when leave is granted as a reasonable accommodation
· High-risk compliance areas to watch for when responding to requests for paid sick or safe leave, and how not to misstep
· Determine what qualifies as paid sick time or other protected time off
· Provide employees with up-to-date information on their rights under the law, and how to update your company's existing sick time and safe time policies
· Navigate state and local paid sick and family leave laws and regulations when your organization operates on a multi-state or national level
Physical CD-DVD of recorded session will be despatched after 72 hrs on completion of payment
Recorded video session
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).