This workshop is a program that is designed to examine the concept of Cultural Diversity and Inclusion and the challenge of interacting with people who have different cultural backgrounds and experiences. We look at diversity in relation to race, ethnicity, gender, age, etc. and we explore how diversity issues can affect the workplace. Participants examine the meaning of diversity as well as the many levels of diversity. We investigate key terms such as stereotypes, racism, sexism, homophobia, prejudice, and ethnocentrism to discover the challenges to cultural diversity; and we survey techniques and strategies to enhance our awareness of inclusion cultural diversity.
Why Should You Attend:
This workshop will enable participants to
- Have the skills needed to interact more effectively with diverse people and /or groups.
- Learn methods for successful cross cultural/cross gender communication.
- Be more aware of how to decrease the anxiety related to cultural diversity interaction and communication.
- Learn how to minimize and confront conflicts in the workplace.
- Understand how bias, stereotypes and prejudices have set up barriers and created damaging perceptions of other cultural groups.
- Educate participants about cultural diversity and the individual's role and responsibility in interacting with people from different backgrounds.
- Help participants understand cultural diversity and how it affects the workplace.
- Help Companies understand that increasing diversity in the workplace increases profits and market share.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to talk about concerns related to cultural diversity issues and potential conflicts and /or legal problems.
- Offer exercises that increase cultural diversity awareness and help participants become more confident and effective in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Help decrease the stress, anxiety and tension associated with cultural diversity interaction and gender communication.
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Personnel