A/P Internal controls are a critical part of any organization's continued growth, performance, and success. Without an effective AP internal controls system, your organization may be at risk for faulty financial reporting, fraudulent practices, legal reasons and much more.
You may be held responsible for hefty fees and penalties, face serious lawsuits, become of today's stricter government laws, compliance, audits, legislation, rules, and regulations.
1) Ensure compliance with government laws and rules
2) Strengthen the overall financial health of your AP organization
3) Identify existing controls weakness and strengths
4) Gain an understanding of SOX, AICPA Standards (SAS), COSO, Cobit, SAC
5) You will learn the definition of AP Internal Controls including objectives, components, and requirements for effective controls
6) Risk identification and management strategies (ERM Systems
7) Who is responsible for AP Internal Controls
8) Types of Internal Controls; How to Evaluate AP Internal Controls
9) Five components of Effective AP Internal Controls to
10) Understand the 17 principles of Internal Controls
11) Examples of Internal Control Elements, (Segregation of Duties, Policies and Procedures, Approvals, Efficiency and Effectiveness, Reporting)
12) Evaluate, Document Retention & Destruction
Areas Covered in the Session:
· What’s all this talk about COSO document?
· What do we mean by “AP Internal Controls”?
· What are the key components for effective AP internal control?
· What processes, policies or checklist can I use in AP?
· How to establish AP controls
· How to establish an Effective record system & retention system
Who will benefit:
This program is designed for AP professionals, business leaders, managers, supervisors team leaders, plus anyone who is involved in the day-to-day financial workings of an organization
Physical CD-DVD of recorded session will be despatched after 72 hrs on completion of payment
Recorded video session
David Sanders is considered one of the world’s leading experts in accounting, finance, business consulting, payroll, budgeting, collections, personal income taxes, business taxes, business set up, sales and use taxes, internal controls, inventory management, cycle counting, record keeping and vendor/supplier management. He has conducted approximately 10,100 training sessions, including public seminars, on-sites, company training, chambers of commerce trainings, colleges, videos, CDs and webinars worldwide.
Mr. Sanders is called upon nationally and internationally for his SOX training abilities and to perform, walk through interim testing for core financial processes such as internal controls, fraud detection, internal controls, financial reporting, revenue, inventory, and expenditure testing.
The author of four acclaimed books and over 28 seminar workbooks and numerous webinars, he has a talent for breaking things down into easy to understand steps that can be implemented immediately. He was an endorsed local provider for the Dave Ramsey Show covering the greater Cincinnati and Northern KY area.
Mr. Sanders has a wealth of experience to share that is supported by impeccable financial credentials including over 38 years’ experience in the financial industry. He holds numerous degrees including accounting, business administration and finance. His experience includes accounting manager, corporate controller, CFO, government tax auditor, business consultant, and senior partner with various accounting/ tax/ auditing firms nationally.