Blockchain is one of this year's biggest buzzwords, but do you understand how blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) work? This webinar will provide you with an overview of the essential concepts of DLT, such as blockchain.
You will follow the evolution of DLT and blockchain technology, and gain knowledge related to network nodes, various types of decentralized peer-to-peer networks, the components of a blockchain, its operations’ (verification, validation and consensus model) underlying algorithms, and essentials of hard and soft forks.
Deeper concepts covered include hashing and cryptography foundations that are indispensable to blockchain programming. These foundations underlie smart contracts and decentralized application (DApps) platforms. Finally, live demonstrations will help you understand the workings of a blockchain, its transactions, blocks and protocols that employ mining.
You Will Learn How To:
· Evaluate the evolution of DLT beyond blockchain.
· Differentiate what blockchain is and isn’t.
· Determine the various types of blockchain networks.
· Identify the components of cryptography and hashing in DLT.
· Examine actual case use of DLT, artificial intelligence (AI), and Internet of Technology (IoT) that will impact the future.
· Distinguish between public and private blockchains
· Identify the characteristics of cryptocurrencies
· Distinguish between a blockchain and a cryptocurrency
· Explain how cryptocurrencies work
· Identify how blockchain and cryptocurrencies changes the audit process
· Why are there so many cryptocurrencies? (Bitcoin, bitcash, Ethereum, Litecoin)
Who Should Attend:
· Certified Fraud Examiners and other anti-fraud professionals
· Law enforcement officers and prosecutors
· Internal and external auditors, CPAs, CAs and forensic accountants
· Attorneys, legal professionals and law enforcement personnel
· Educators and students
Physical CD-DVD of recorded session will be despatched after 72 hrs on completion of payment
Recorded video session
Dr. Gina J. Lowdermilk,PhD (ABD), CAMS, CRMS is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders. Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality.
Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills. She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. She has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.