According to the NACHA Operating Rules, the ACH return process with current timeframes will remain the way it has been even though we are in the midst of the three-phase implementation of Same Day ACH. With the new Same Day ACH landscape, the additional processing windows can change the way returns are processed (if the RDFI chooses to utilize this feature) to receive faster settlement on the returns without having to pay a Same Day fee. This webinar will offer insight into the new process and provide an overview of legacy ACH and Same Day return process and rules.
"ACH Returns Processes - Changes Due to Same-Day ACH Environment" - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Attendees of Live Webinar are eligible for 1.8 CPE credit up on full completion of the course.
Why Should You Attend:
As an RDFI are you utilizing the full potential of the return process in the new Same Day environment? You can do Same Day returns without having to pay the 5.2 cent fee for each Same Day entry. Same Day returns do not pay the fee but can receive settlement for the returns as soon as the same day.
The return rules aren’t changing – the difference is that there are now extra windows of opportunity to transmit a return entry earlier on the same day. For example, unable to locate account, account closed, NSF, unauthorized are all reasons an entry can be returned - why not return that entry (that’s on the exception report) on the day it is an exception processing item? Examples of these types of returns and the what ifs are included to differentiate between the returns processed next day and returns processed Same Day.
- Define the return process – legacy ACH and Same Day
- Identify the different return processing windows and how settlement can be affected
- Tips and suggestions on how to streamline your return process and get settlement faster
- Outline the advantages of using the Same Day to do returns – not just Same Day ACH entries – but all ACH entries
- Review timeframes for doing general returns (NSF – Unable to Locate Acct) and Unauthorized Entries
- Illustrate how the ACH network can be leveraged for faster returns without paying the 5.2 cent fee
- Describe through the use of scenarios – the differences between the current return process and utilizing Same Day instead
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Timeframes for Returning ACH Entries
- Overview of Legacy ACH Return Process and Rules
- Same Day ACH – Changes in Returns Process
- Settlement for Returns
- Using the Legacy ACH Process
- Same Day ACH Entry Returns (NSF – Debits)
- Scenarios to help identify how this new (same day window) opportunity for returns can change your returns process -- not just for Same Day Entries!
Who Will Benefit:
- Financial Institution Professionals (New/Current Operations Staff)
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Payroll Processors
- Company/ Business Owners (Originators)
- Banking Managers/ Supervisors
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers